need a good position at North Pine Dam!

redfishman

Hey Kevin,

If you have a read back through the reports you will see that Bass are caught all over the public access areas at NPD, but knowing where they are one day does not mean they will be there the next. Try a spot, no success, move on and try another until hopefully you find a fish or two.

It can be a hard place to fish and I would never go out there thinking I was definitely going to catch a bass.

I have not fished NPD with bait, but plenty of people do. Live earth worms or live freshwater shrimp would be the pick of the baits I'd go with.

Saltwater yabbies and frozen prawns are a popular alternative with a lot of the regular bait fishos out there, but I don't like the idea of introducing baits into the system that don't naturally occur in the area.

Good luck, and keep an eye out for snakes;)

Rocket

thank you, uuhhh......live bait....:blink: how to get the live earthworms? I used to dig them out myself in my country, but I have no idea of it here, I tried to find them in my backyard but none,:huh: maybe snake is challenging bait,and it's too live. lol :laugh: :laugh:

by the way, where can I read the "reports" you metioned.

Rocket75 wrote:

I have not fished NPD with bait, but plenty of people do. Live earth worms or live freshwater shrimp would be the pick of the baits I'd go with.

Saltwater yabbies and frozen prawns are a popular alternative /quote]

Eww drowning worms is so....boring!

Oh yeah and watch out for the snakes. last time i was up there it was down to 14% i think. there was a *huge* section cut out of the long grass (like a good 10m across.) any less then that i wouldn't go venturing...

Umm...live worms. I dig mine from my mulch pile in my garden. Find somewhere shaded, moist and with decaying plant matter...if you have access to similar that would be the go.

If you want to buy some the tackle shop at the servo near Beams rd + Gympie Rd Bald Hills.

To look up the reports go to c"comminity" tab, then select "forum" you will see a section for reports called "The lakes" I think. You can browse those or use the search function.

Water level is now quite high (compared to 14%)! and there is a lot of the bank now cleared by slasher to make life easier.

okay bullcoky's rest, forgans cove and mcgavins point are the ones which a lot of people fish and have luck.

for bait i wouldn't know but look at earlier threads in this post. i'd use spinnerbaits in purple, they seem to have most luck. also you can buy plastics which are especially made for bass. there are nymph plastics which work on yallowbellys so they may also work on bass not sure. also poppers can also have luck, use them if u see breaks in the surface. start with a lsow retrieve then speed it up.

Dave

Archived