Quick intro

Bluevien

Hi,

Hello!, I'm new here and to this fishing caper and enjoying the hell out of it. Only been out a few times and to the closest place I know - Nudgee Beach, so only had experience with undersized bream and whiting which is what my rig is set up for - bream and whiting that is... not the undersize bit. Would love to land a fish I could actually take home one day but like golf where it only takes one good shot to get you back for more, those small fry keep giving me hope for bigger thinghs to come.

I have been keeping an eye on this site for a few weeks now and have picked up heaps already. Looking forward to reading more and hopefully sharing some stories of my own soon.

Cheers,

Rob

Welcome to the site mate!

Hope you get the info you need to bag a big one.

Youll find the more you fish the less it becomes about "taking one home" as well. The thrill of the catch does end up dominating :)

Plus there is a hugely satisfying feeling seeing a great looking fish swim away to fight again.

Good luck in your quest!

Angus

Mate you will find everything you need here, although you may have to scour through some old posts to get the info, heres a tip though, if your fishing nudgee beach at the turn of the low tide, pump some yabbies from the beach there and walk out to the point accross the sand, you'll be able to get out to the creek mouth beacon no problems, If you fish light you can even just use a long shank style hook and a couple of split shot sinkers to get your bait down. fish the tide as it comes back. Ive got heaps of really good whitting here..

Thanks for all your kind welcomes. BassT, I will do that next time I head out there. I've never had a shortage of fish there, just the size of them is a bugger so I am willing to try anything for a bigger fish to fry.

Angus, I hear ya!! Just came back from staying at Eudlo Creek. Landed my first flathead... only 30cm long so back it went but it was the biggest fish yet so pretty exciting for a newby. My little fella was hooking small bream left right and centre so if the thrill doesn't keep getting me back, he will.

Wishing you all bent rods for this w/end.

Cheers.

Archived