reasonable cost boat batteries on Ebay

Feral

This mob are selling good size 6 volt deep cycle batteries on Ebay. They have 60 odd of them, they are auctioning them off 2 at a time (obviously you need two, because they have to be connected in series to get 12 volts!) Warning not for small boats, these are big batteries -38 kilo's each, a pair of them weighs as much as a person!

I have scored 2 for my big boat, and will be picking them today.

They also will sell them for $44 each \"buy it now\" - you have to be patient to see the buy it now on the site, as when someone buys one, it disapears for a day or so until they reset it.

If your interested in buying some at the \"buy it now\" price PM me as I have their email address, physical address and phone number (at Wacol.)

Here is their current auction, most of them get pretty close to the buy it now price anyway, you have to be lucky to get them much cheaper :whistle:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Batteries-2-YUASA-deep-cycle-6v160ah-SLA-g-condition_W0QQitemZ110072398899QQihZ001QQcategoryZ11752QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Well picked my batteries up today, no problems. NIce people, its a battery recycling business. They have heaps of other batteries they have not bothered to put on Ebay as yet. Still got 40 or 50 batteries same as mine.

Mine were 3 and 5 years old respectively. Yuasa besign them for 10 to 15 year life, so I should get good service out of them.

There were some stonka batteries there, he had some 3500 amp hour ex Telstra batteries there (yes that is 3500, not a typo). In perfect condition, but Telstra require all their equipment to be destroyed, none of it is ever allowed to be onsold, they are paranoid their competitors might set up in oposition using cheap ex telstra equipment! I asked him if a few cartons appeared on the corner down the hill if he would leave the door open while he went for a walk to pick them up, but he said no!

But if anyone is looking for good used batteries, at a 1/10 of the price of new, give them a ring \"Batrec\" on 38794507 business hours, Sandra is the lady in the office. Or drop in and have a look - 3/60 Coulson Street Wacol.

Told them AFO members might be interested, they said it is fine to contact them direct and not worry about Ebay.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/28 20:50

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/28 20:54

Ran these new batteries at the AFO day at Baroon Pocket.

Fished from 7am to 5pm, with an hour or so break for lunch, batteries were still at 40% capacity, pushing a 4.9m tinnie with a 55lb thrust electric motor. Was a normal fishing day, weent all over the dam, often against quite a stiff breeze.

Very impressed! I would definately recommend a pair of these to anyone using electrics motors in a reasonable sized boat (the pair of batteries weigh as much as a person, so your allowable load takes a hit - 1 person!)

• 2 weeks later...

Cripes!

Dont really know how to help. If I had realised you would be stuck I would have offered to pick them up for you, we have a job on in Toowoomba, so I have been past the twice this week.

I'd be happy to lend you mine, but as I live about 2 hours from your place thats not really a viable option. Ray is still at Glenlyon or I am sure he would lend you a battery.

Best I can probably offer is I can pick them up for you next week, and drop them off. Probably going to Toowoomba tuesday or wednesday.

• 2 months later...

Archived