No luck at kooka

RX007

hi all.

I hit kooka the other day (land based) about an hour before high tide along with three other people and was amazed at the difference i have noticed since last summer. Last year i had no worries getting bream by the bucketful and good threadies along with the occasional flathead and a decent feed of muddies, but this year i have had no luck at all. As soon as we got to kooka the other day we had bait traps and crab pots in as well as chucking the cast net around. i could not get a thing in the cast net and gave up after about 20 mins. the bait traps worked a treat catching us a heap of monster prawns but the only other thing caught in a 5 hour stretch was a small cattie which i threw on for shark bait. We tried live prawns, the live cattie, mullet, and a range of frozen bait but no fish or crabs. Kooka is my main spot to fish as it is so close to home and would love to get advice on the area from anyone who has a bit more luck than me out there. I would really love to get my first shark but at the moment i would just be happy to see something on the end of the line other than bait.

Thanks guys

Brenton

Archived