site slow

AZZA

AZZA wrote:

Is it just me or is the site running slow as. I have noticed it slows right up in the arvo and early evening when more people are on. I know this post is in the wrong place but it takes so long to change pages I couldnt wait any longer

Hey mate.

We are aware of the issue and it will resolved as soon as possible.

Webby can give more technical info, but basically the website and mainly the forum is recieving far more traffic than usual. Last month for example was our largest sign up month ever topping the pervious record by about 70 members!

In the last couple of months we have gone from approx 4 Million hits per month to over 5 and a half million! Obviously this has some effect.

It should be a short term problem with webby working post haste with a forum change that should allow for this traffic and a whole lot more :)

Therefore its a paradoxical problem. Yes its annoying now, but it is caused by our rapid growth :)

Angus

ah its not so bad

click on something, go grab a beer and catch a couple of sets of tennis on tv come back and read a thread

click on a thread, sit down for dinner. then read a thread.

click on something, go to bed, check it with breakfast in the morning

click on something, go to work, check it when you get home

and so on and so forth

Not slow at all.

Has only taken me about 10mins to open this thread (yep it timed out).

Also not a problem when opening threads and being directed to a completely different thread.

And it doesn't matter that I can't view 'more post', 'recent discussions' or 'my discussions'. Can only find my post via catergories tab. Hey but that's OK.

Also pretty fast and user friendly when posting pics too.

See all is good. The indian IT graduates are happy, admin is happy and members are falling over themselves with the performance of this site.

Harrah

webmaster wrote:

There will hopefully be some changes in a day or so to help speed up the site (it is mainly the forum which is causing the load on the server and we are looking into resolving these issues asap)

stay tuned.....

Thanks for your efforts Webby,appreciated by99.9%,I`m sure.

cheers

Death Ray wrote:

Not slow at all.

Has only taken me about 10mins to open this thread (yep it timed out).

Also not a problem when opening threads and being directed to a completely different thread.

And it doesn't matter that I can't view 'more post', 'recent discussions' or 'my discussions'. Can only find my post via catergories tab. Hey but that's OK.

Also pretty fast and user friendly when posting pics too.

See all is good. The indian IT graduates are happy, admin is happy and members are falling over themselves with the performance of this site.

Harrah

As previously explained in another post and a PM, The pic situation is very simple. If you still cant seem to manage it, please explain exactly what stage of the process you are having issues with. The photo issue is not a website fault as can be seen by the large volume of pictures posted with ease each day.

I think the rest of your point were clarified by webby.

Indian IT students?

Thank you come again. :P

Angus

Of course there is an alternative - just shut it down.

You guys owe noone anything whatsoever. The debt is certainly the other way! Seems to me that some should acknowledge this fact and not take the self-centred view that the use of the site/forum/chatroom is their right.

It is frustrating for the addicts too, but patience is a virtue.

Archived