Mold and Mildew on canvas swag - Cleaning???

bootyinblue

Guys and Girls,

Just got around to packing away my camping gear from last trip and noticed that my swag had been stood on end in the shed and got wet feet at some stage. Unrolled it to notice some mold and mildew on the external and interior walls.

How do I clean it off, so that its not only gentle on the canvas, but also thorough as the last think I want is mold spores up my nose at night!

bootyinblue wrote:

Cheers guys, so far I have brushed the excess away dry and then sponged it with hot water and disinfectant but it didnt move it at all.

THought about Exot Mold but then that might eat straight through the canvas itself.

Booty keep clear of the exit mould its ammonia based and will screw up the canvas or least discolour it. I'd think shortie is on the money. perhaps some warm water with a mild detergent but beware that the stronger the detergent = less waterproofing.. alternatively why not call a canvas goods manufacturer for their advice

the following link for for pop top caravans but the treatment is the same

/>http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/37403/how_to_get_rid_of_mold_and_mildew_stains.html

Archived