Boats help?

dan25

Hey

Ive been looking at boats for the past few months now and would really like to get one. Im actiolly looking for a job atm and have found one and am applying in a few days. (hopefully i get it). I wont have any money for ages yet, but im just wondering what you can expect for $2000-$3000? Im only looking for a small tinny for light estuaries and rivers which is reliable. Ive been looking at the Trading post for awhile now and have seen plenty of little tinnys for around that price, i was just wondering if there any good?

Heres one

/>http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Marine/Power/Power-Boats/AdNumber=TP001577659?BackToResult=true

If you could let me know if something like this is any good that would be awesome.

Thanks

Dan

Mate that looks like a great first boat youre not going to go anywhere in a hurry but you can always upgrade the motor when you have more cash.

The seajay boats are well manufactured and quite solid.. I have a 3.75m seajay punt and its taken a pounding with 12 trips up the gulf.. I now fish at the mouth of the bris river and dont have any hassels although theres a bit spray from time to time when the chop gets up

go for it

• 1 month later...

Look around heaps try all the available options, eBay, trading post, auctions( like Graysonline and even fowles auctions sometimes) boatpoint.com. I got this on eBay in January for $1000 registered 14' fiberglass boat with 60 hp johnson, only needed to register the trailer [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/861f_1.JPG

post-5464-144598488345_thumb.jpg

Mate for that price you'll get a great litte rig but new boats arnt that expencive and have reasonable finace

I got given my tinnie by the father inlaw and for $23 a week i got a 09 15hp yahmy

a whole package can be nearlly as cheap

think about it you pay more for a mobile phone!

somting to think about any way mate:)

when you buy 2nd hand try keep the motor age under 10 years

older johnson and evinrude have a readily available amount of parts but there is probably a reason for that!

I personaly like yamaha but thats just opinion mercury are also a good motor

When buying 2nd hand worry more about the motor than the hull, hulls are easy and cheap to modify to your liking but a dud motor can cost thousands

Hope this helps!

There is also the option of a kayak? :dry: not sure if it suits your circumstances and needs, but they are very easy to use in rivers and estuaries. For that price, you could look into a Hobie which would make it easier to get to spots.

Although obviously only a 1-2 person vessel depending on type, where as the tinny could have up to four in good conditions (we've done it before in a boat like that in the bribie passage)

Just thought I'd put it out there :)

Archived