old holden engine rebuild?

chandler130

hey people i have a old holden eh which is in need of a engine rebuild. i need the crankshaft and cylinder machined and engine fully rebuilt oh anda new clutch. i usaully do this stuff myself but have moved from the farm into a little apartment with no room to do it and no liftin gear to remove eng/gearbox. was wondering if anyone could recomend a shop that does a good job for a good price?in bris?

Or even is there any retired mechanics out there who are lookin for a cash/time filler who have the gear required. could organise the rebore and crank work first. i have the full book not that it is really needed cos they so simple and happy to give a hand after work. but yeah shop recomemdations fine.found machine shop in wynunum im gunna call 2morrow.oh yeah it has a worn 161 in it but have a 179 hp in parts.

There is a flash from the past - used to rebuild them every weekend. (Used to race an FC which I ran various red motors in) You might find it hard to get parts, last 179 I rebuilt, about 15 years ago, I couldn't get a set of 40thou oversize rings for love or money. Had to go 60thou and put in std 186 rings.

mate i have best mate that owns a shop and knows these engines like the back of his you know what, just go down and look at his toranas, if you want the job done right with warranty at a good price call him G&L motor repairs & perfomance 0438158126 tell him fatty put you on to him. trust me you wont be disappointed with the service and can make a standard or a hottie.

have sourced a machine shop in wynnum who has quoted me 195 for a rebore and hone on the block and 155 for a regrind on the crank which i was very happy with price. so now im just going to se repco first to see wat new parts( oversize piston and bearings) then find a shop to do it. want to get every thing ready and all the parts so i can drop it in the shop and all i have to pay for is the labour. would think it would take them any longer than 12-16 hrs. pretty simple. like the thought of droppin it off then pickin it up all fixed. instead of doin it myself and draggin it out cos i went fishin instead,haha

Archived