Disabled Kids Fishing Day

shayned

As part of Sunfish's Lifestyle Kids Fishing Days, Pine Rivers Fish Management Association is holding a learn to fish day for disabled kids this Sunday March 1st.

We still have a couple of places left so if you have a friend whose child would like to learn how to fish in a fun and safe environment please pass the following information on to them.

When: Sunday March 1st from 12 Noon until 4.00PM

Where: The best learn to fish venue in SEQ, Roma St Parklands. The venue is designed with disabled folks in mind and the pond is fully stocked. Normally no fishing is allowed here but occasionally these days are held here. Past days have seen kids averaging 3-4 fish in 90 minutes rannging in size from 600g to 15kg.

Who: The day is aimed at disabled kids from the age of 9 - 14 years and children must have a carer with them.

How: Ring Roma St Parkland to book a place on 3006 4545. This is being done on a first come first served basis. On the day someone will be available between 9 and 11.00AM to confirm the event is on if the weather is bad.

What: We will teach both kids and carers, the participants will have a sausage sizzle available at 1.00PM to fill the belly. Timing on the day may change depending on the kids needs. We will have 4 accreditted fishing instructors and 10 coaches available on the day.

The numbers are limited but at the same time we would hope all the spaces are filled.

Regards,

Shayne

shayned and angus......i work for Quest newspapers mate.....you need to get us this info about two weeks earlier so i can get someone to publicise it and cover it - it's a great community news story and one that'd give the day and AFO more coverage.

great job though mate.

are there barra in that pond?? i've seen what i thought were barra before...

the pond has huge silver perch and mullet it in. i know the perch were stocked, mullet apparently are transfered on wading bird's legs and such when super small. i've been wanting to fish there ever since i took my niece and nephew out to the park for the day. the silvers are huge, much bigger than the one schultzy picked up recently...

Archived