Shimano Torsa 16 or Tyrnos 2 speed 16 ?

paulymassy

They are two different reels. What will you use it for?

The Torsa is a great real for most anything. The tyrnos is a two speed, so if you want to wind things fast, yet be able to change to power when needed, that's probably better

I'd go the Torsa though id I could afford it.

Cowfish13 wrote:

They are two different reels. What will you use it for?

The Torsa is a great real for most anything. The tyrnos is a two speed, so if you want to wind things fast, yet be able to change to power when needed, that's probably better

I'd go the Torsa though id I could afford it.

thanks for the imput :) i will be using the reel for offshore fishing trolling and using it up in the whitsundays

I have several tyrnos single speeds(12,20 and a couple of 30s) and have never been able to fault any of them.

Have done plenty of trolling and haven't missed the low gear yet. (Haven't played with any larger billfish though) So in my opinion unless you are using it specifically for trolling save yourself the $100 or whatever the difference is nowdays and go the single speed.

Have also used a friends Torsa 30 sveral times and found it to be a very nicee reel. A bit smoother and slightly faster retrieve. Can't justify it a t twice the money though.

mostly bottom fishing/trolling = tyrnos single speed

mostly bottom fishing/jigging = torsa

dedicated trolling = tyrnos 2 speed or tiagra

Archived