SP fishing

plugga

Hey All,

I Have Tried Every Single SP Lure U Could Buy And Tried For Hours On End And Caught Nothing:( :( CAN Some1 Tell ME What I'am Doing Wrong i use squidgies most of the time and try catch flathead and breamB) and give me some succseful retrival!!

THX

plugga

Go out and get yourself some berkley 3 inch drop shot minnows in pumpkinseed, gulp 2 inch shrimp in the dark green or tan, some atomic prong's 3 inch in any of the more natural prawn type colours and gulp 3 inch minnows in pearl watermelon..

Get some 1/20 jig heads and some light leader - like 6lb leader.. Always think about putting yourself where the fish are.. Whereever possible cast at a drop off or a patch of rocks, jetty, sunken tree, moored trawlers etc etc etc.. STRUCTURE!

This is where fish live and the closer you can cast the better your chances.. You'll spend alot of time snagged but your on the right track. SP fishing is best done VERY SLOW.. 3 little quick twitches upward with the rod followed by a very slow wind and 3-5 seconds to let the plastic to sink back down... Eventually if your persistent and dont give up you will hook something! People could give you 1000 go to plastics but I guarantee those 4 are very sucessful and versatile in an estuary and creek environment.. Fish all 4 different ones every session.. 20 casts on each at all surrounding structure and if your getting no bumps then change it.

have you tried changing different jighead weights and different weight leader?? that could help. say your using 8lb leader and 1/16 jig try dropping it down to say 4lb leader and 1/32 jig or something like that. there has been heaps of articles about this before and you just gotta keep at it

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Go out and get yourself some berkley 3 inch drop shot minnows in pumpkinseed, gulp 2 inch shrimp in the dark green or tan, some atomic prong's 3 inch in any of the more natural prawn type colours and gulp 3 inch minnows in pearl watermelon..

Get some 1/20 jig heads and some light leader - like 6lb leader.. Always think about putting yourself where the fish are.. Whereever possible cast at a drop off or a patch of rocks, jetty, sunken tree, moored trawlers etc etc etc.. STRUCTURE!

This is where fish live and the closer you can cast the better your chances.. You'll spend alot of time snagged but your on the right track. SP fishing is best done VERY SLOW.. 3 little quick twitches upward with the rod followed by a very slow wind and 3-5 seconds to let the plastic to sink back down... Eventually if your persistent and dont give up you will hook something! People could give you 1000 go to plastics but I guarantee those 4 are very sucessful and versatile in an estuary and creek environment.. Fish all 4 different ones every session.. 20 casts on each at all surrounding structure and if your getting no bumps then change it.

chris_stewart14 is right on the money there, also buy a pack of 1/32 and 1/12th of an ounce jigheads so that way you can cover the whole water column and if there is much current.

Archived