marine radio

straddiebrad

i have an oregon scientific, found it to be quite good, apart from the mic cord deteriorating, and it's only about 4 years old. that shouldn't happen where it is located in the boat. vhf i have but don't use, i sometimes monitor channels when out wide, or if another boat i know has 1 and on, but can't get him on 27 meg.

noname wrote:it is just left and above the wheel its because i have a gap between the windscreen and the Bimini,i am in the process of getting it covered in

i have an oregon scientific, found it to be quite good, apart from the mic cord deteriorating, and it's only about 4 years old. that shouldn't happen where it is located in the boat. vhf i have but don't use, i sometimes monitor channels when out wide, or if another boat i know has 1 and on, but can't get him on 27 meg.

mine is a similar set up to yours, so far water hasn't been a problem with the exception of rain while i'm cruising, my clears are never on. gets to bloody hot and humid when they are on, rather than press on studs ask about the caravan rail set up, slide. water will still get under the clears between the studs, i had my clears on at the nthrn end of moreton, rough conditions.punched into a wave and lost my bini, and it was soaked, yet i was completely dry, as i ducked as a reflex action, when i saw all the green water comming for me about a foot high on the deck of the boat, don't know what happened there !

Archived