Hello Advice needed

sstee

Hello

just moved to brisbane from the UK, and i could do with some local know-how.

in the UK i mostly fished lakes and rivers for carp, tench and other large fish.

we are in the north, (north lakes mango hill area), and i want to get started but dont know where to go thats close for freshwater fishing.

what are the good places to go (lake or river) to catch a few fish?

whats the best tactics over here? i havnt done much lure fishing, so i guess i might need to invest in some lures ;)

cheers :)

steve

Quite close to you is the North Pine dam, which allows bank fishing roughly around the front 1/3 of the dam. Lots of reports on here, particularly from the local guru - Dinodadog.

Whilst most of Dino's posts are talking lures, bait - worms or live shrimp, are also very successful here. Bullocky Rest is probably the best spot to have a look and a fish.

welcome to the site mate, theres quite a few fresh off the boat poms here! i think the closest area to you for fresh water fishing maybe North Pine Dam, theres heaps of reports on here from that place and quite a few members huant the place frequently. best tip is to search the forum for the reports and has plenty of info of whats working for the spot and setups to use etc. i think the dam may require a fishing permit now though but i am insure hopefully someone else will be able to confirm that for me.

kriso

Archived