Brisbane Sports Fishing Club

Angus

If anyone is interested in joining the Brisbane Sports fishing Club, its $70 per year (if you receive your newsletter via email).

Benefits are monthly meetings with pro speakers and a few brews, inter club comps, monthly intra club comps, the possibility for some of their land based members to get out on boats more often and an increase in exchange of information.

The annual inter club (other ANSA affiliated clubs) will be in March. Its at Bribie and held over the whole weekend. Participants are encouraged to stay on site, which would be a lot of fun anyway.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2007/01/15 09:11

ando_04 wrote:

have a look at there web site.

www.brisbanesportfishingclub.com.au

it has all the meeting places on the site

Oh meets at the sailing club eh? not my cup of tea - I dont like cucumber sandwiches either, (had them once when I was summonsed to see the Minister):silly:

dazzamcgee wrote:

checked out the site and it looks great.

use to be in one the same down south and it was great run by the RSL really well organised and informative.

I aggree with Feral, this site should be turned into a club....

i was thinking of a club name (CLUB ANDO) who likes the name ? :P

Hi Guys,

I am the current president of the Brisbane Sportfishing club. I am a bit biased but I reckon it is tops. There are a few guys in the club who have been around for a long time and their knowledge is amazing. How about someone who has caught over 6,000 flathead on lures?

It is pretty relaxed, no restrictions on what you cana nd can't do unless you want to seriously get into the sportfishing side.

Benefits - top quality newsletter every month, expert speaker on a different topic each month, free entry in a number of different club and statewide comps (this does not include free entry to our annual interclub comp at Bribie), ability to claim club state and national records, get trips out on other members boats, etc.

Just a quick word to those who want to start their own club - it takes alot of work to run a good club sucessfully and then there are public liability and indemnity issues to think about.

Any questions about the club, give me a call on 0414 779 107.

Jeremy

Archived