Shark rods

BIG DAVE 1

I was origionally going to buy a $600 rod and reel, but yesturday i was inspecting a tackle store and they have these heaps good phluger combos for like $189 and you can get about 350m of 50lb mono on there. So insted of buying 1 $600 combo im going to buy 2 $189 combos. im going to attach 50lb line to one and 30lb line to the other. The phlugers are actually better quality then the $600 combo as it was cheap brand equipment and it was going to hold 80lb line. No matter what fishing you are do i doubt you need 80lb in the brisbane region all you need is a good drag. plus a heap load of patience

dave

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/06/15 11:31

yeah but i think of it like this most of the sharks in the bay are around 70kg max then there ae some huge bastards that need alot of chumming toi get them interested. So anyone could easy land a 70kg shark on both 24kg line and 15kg line. you just have to really work the fish and put the hurt on it, dont let it put the hurt on you..

dave

Bit more facts on the rod, Its a phluger contender ideal for what ill be doing with it. 15-20kg rod and a reel suited to 30lb line. It will also take plenty of 50lb line. It holds 450m of 30lb mono and between 330-350m of 50lb mono. The rods both cost $189 but im getting 2 so the guys at mossops are giving me a discount. Plus there also loaded with rods with platapus line. i think its a good bargin, also if i break the reels it gives me an excuse to buy 2 tld25's.

I also get 2 free gear bags with the rods. worth $30 each

dave

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/06/16 12:43

Archived