lake kawongba

Fisherjoe

The place is coming along beautifully. I quite often head over there after my NPD sessions and just sit watching the lillies. Lots of little bass can be seen smacking insects off the top. But give it time as these bass are only little tackers.

The water lillies are doing very well in Kurwongbah meaning that it may be a good topwater option after these fish get a bit of size.

Pretty exciting to have two bass fisheries so close together, and so close to home.

Next summer should see the start of a bass fishery, the entire fishery is still in development stage right now.

Yes, there are some 'toga in there but they are the basis of a breeding population and we need every single toga we can get in the lake. I heard a report of someone taking one of the breeders home a couple of weeks ago. I had initially hoped to have the start of a 'toga fishery in place within 5 years but with f4ckw1ts like this about, lets make the estimate 10 years, presuming we can be bothered with the expense and effort.

Togas are very slow breeders and the fish taken means that in 5 years we have potentially lost around 1500 fish from the dam. Not that it matters to that wanker!!!!!!!

Just quietly a reasonable group of people on this site contributed their time and efforts to help set up the 'toga breeding program at this lake so we could all enjoy into the future and acts like this lets down everybodies efforts.

For the minute do all of us a favour and smash as many Tilapia as you can, but if you get an Australian native treat it carefully and let it go.

Archived