URGENT! Bottle Shop Worry! Please Help!

MoparKevUk

After the severe disappointment of having no beers for a beach fish due to Bottlo's being closed on a Good Friday (What's THAT all about?), I need some advice please.

I'm off to a Mopar Pal's Place Northside on Saturday for a bonfire and bush bash. I obviously need to arrive with a cold case of piss. Do I risk buying it near his or are all the Bottlo's closed for ANZAC day?????? Please help as this is obviously very important! B)

Not sure to be honest Kev.

All I know is some of the clubs are open as per normal. I know The Met is open 9pm-5am. So yea, not too sure about bottle shops :blush: But I'll be needing to pick up some Bundy Red before sat night :) so if you find out please let me know!

Have to agree what a crock of sh!t, shops whatever kind they may be not allowed to be opened because of someones religous holiday.

I thought we had had a secular government, with bottleshops et. trading hours limited we might as well become a country ruled by christian fundementalist law.

dhess wrote:

Thats very true. I don't have a problem with not being able to buy booze on Anzac day. Not being able to buy alcohol on gay friday and christmas day really cheezes me off though.

Well i think the people that work in those shops like a day off with their families

Bit strong with those words may i say cant we keep religious comment out cheers

my brother in law owns a pub and looks forward to those 2 days only each year to get away as a publican and holding the liquir licence he has to be there for all opening hours. i don't think anyone would diagree with pubs not opening before 1pm on anzac day.

dhess wrote:

Thats very true. I don't have a problem with not being able to buy booze on Anzac day. Not being able to buy alcohol on gay friday and christmas day really cheezes me off though.

I bet you and your family enjoy the fact that you get these days together and you dont have to go to work. I also bet the people in bottleoes enjoy the time as well.

It doesnt take a genius to buy in advance.

tugger wrote:

my brother in law owns a pub and looks forward to those 2 days only each year to get away as a publican and holding the liquir licence he has to be there for all opening hours. i don't think anyone would diagree with pubs not opening before 1pm on anzac day.

Having only recently just got out of the pub game 4weeks ago (family owns pubs)after 12 years of managing them I can tell you my 2 favourite days of the year were Good Friday and Xmas Day plus a little bit of a sleep in on Anzac Day. It still amuses me that pubs/clubs/bottlo's have been closed on these days for a very longtime now but still I would have people ring the pub asking if we were open and turning up at the door.

Heath

Whiskers wrote:

Hmmmmm correct me if I'm wrong but arn't they shut every year?

Maybe get in ahead and stock up;)

Only been here since last July and still learning the ropes! Didn''t want to start a row about christianity or anything! Will take warm piss a bit earlier and let it cool down in me Mopar Mukka's fridge........

On a positive note I am totally bowled over by the passion, love and respect shown to all the Diggers for Anzac Day. Exactly how it should be. In the UK, Remembrance Day has been somewhat diluted over the last few decades, exactly how it shouldn't be! Good on yer, Australia B)B)B)B)B)

I think Shortie hit the nail on the head guys. I dont think the holiday is specifically due to the fact that its a Christian Holiday, but more so people get the opportunity to have a holiday in the first place.

Id just stock up in advance.

Angus

MoparKevUk wrote:

Whiskers wrote:
Hmmmmm correct me if I'm wrong but arn't they shut every year?

Maybe get in ahead and stock up;)

Only been here since last July and still learning the ropes! Didn''t want to start a row about christianity or anything! Will take warm piss a bit earlier and let it cool down in me Mopar Mukka's fridge........

On a positive note I am totally bowled over by the passion, love and respect shown to all the Diggers for Anzac Day. Exactly how it should be. In the UK, Remembrance Day has been somewhat diluted over the last few decades, exactly how it shouldn't be! Good on yer, Australia B)B)B)B)B)

Ok sorry mate didn't know :)

Archived