Kayak seat

loomis

After putting up with the sub-standard factory seat in my kayak for too long, I decided it was time to invest in something a little more comfortable. So I forum searched, googled and asked around, but unless I was willing to spend big money, there was nothing that suited my needs.

So I decided to make my own!

The initial prototype was good, but there was definitely room for improvement. So after prototypes 2, 3, 4 and 5 were made a final product was finally accomplished. Tinkering with design, manufacture and the general size allowed me to come up with what I think to be a very comfortable, good looking and practical product.

IMGP1650.jpg

Designed for both sit-in and sit-on kayaks, this will make you feel like you are sitting on the couch at home. The high backrest ensures great comfort.

IMGP1647.jpg

Made from Marine Vinyl, you can be rest assured it will handle the job. The seat is fully padded with 5mm closed cell foam, with a double layer (10mm) in the most important part...the cushion...no more numb bum!

IMGP1645.jpg

The straps enable you to adjust the seat to how you want it...It can be straight up...or if you want a little more recline, its as simple as adjusting the straps to suit. Once the straps are in position, the seat stays where it is. It can be easily fitted to all kayaks, both sit-in and sit-on.

For only $80.00 (GST & postage included) its a bargain. 100% Australian made too, so your dollars are staying within Australia!

For more information on the KAYAK COUCH, please check out www.lscanvas.com.au

Leigh Shevill

Nice loo0king sear mate.

An improvement that i can see that would be worth doing is:

On the bit you sit on if the stitching runs length wise toward the back of the yak this will allow any water that can pool here to run out so you dont get a wet bum. also include asome sort of hole between back rest and seat to allow for this.

Pro looking seat mate! Does the height of it get in the way of fishing/paddling?

If you are looking for suggestions though, maybe a pocket on the back of the seat like the viking seats. I find the pocket in mine the perfect place to stash my 7.5 AH battery.

Cheers

wwolf B)

Another idea, have the option to upgrade it to include a massage your back/bum mechanism like the ones they sell nowadays that you can strap onto your car seat whilst driving. Prototype it so it can run on 12volt drycell...now that would be a first in kayak seats. Or instead of having cell foam, maybe some kind of silicon gel or even allow the user to add more foam for their own preference.

Archived