3 person Kayak or Canoe,

Freshy2Fish

Hi guys, we are looking at upgrading to a 3 person if possible and wanting to get some knowledge on what we should look at, mainly wanting to use it at wivenhoe and somerset and run electrics off the back, but wanting something stable and not too weighty. Any suggestions?

Mate the only 3 person Kayak I know of is the Nemo 2 + 1 Kayak from Viking. However the + 1 seat is really only suitable for small children.

Whenever people ask me about double kayaks though I cant help but say its better getting 2 smaller ones (or in the case 3). Its safer fishing as you dont have lures and hooks flying around peoples heads plus they are easier to use single if you do have a solo session.

Cheers.

Angus

ocean kayak malibu 2xl is a 1 , 2 or 3 seater...travels well , 27kg , holds 250 kg , over 4 mtrs long and about 89 wide....approx $1300 to $1600 with seats and paddles..

maybe better off with a canoe though , or look at the "tinoo" from bluefin...great little outfit for the fresh

i would go a canoe or small tinny for 2 people.3 would fit to but be a little crowed for my likeing.there them long thin light flat bottom tinny's too.

i see some big but light canoe's 14 to 16 foot long and about a meter or so wide they are rated at 4 people ,i reckon 3 in one of them would be ok.

[ebay]280340269639[/ebay]

if i was going to get a new 1 i would check this guy out .

Archived