Catalina 4500H or Twinpower 10000

hey guys,

i am putting either 1 of the above reels on lay by on monday and was just wondering your opinions and which one you would go with. if anyone has used both reels and have some advice could you please pm me the differences and which one has performed better,

thanks

pauly

whoops sorry was thinking of the stradic and sustain 8000 :blush:. be nice if they made a 8000 aspire aswell

yeah i guess the 10000 would do the the job but to accomodate the larger spool it has a larger rotor which means more weight and a bulkier reel. Just something to think about. :)

if you are inclined to go the twinpower get the 10000 over the 6000.As you said they are the same reel just diferant spool sizes. so the spool on the 10000 has been machined a lot more to hold more line so it has to wiegh less than the spool of the 6000 and it does. I know what i would rather be hangin on to......the lighter one

why would you use 40lb-(20kg) when the reels have only 10kg of drag which you wouldnt use because the reels dont perform that well with that much tension on the drag washers.

use lighter line class put more line on your spool it will cast alot better it will sink quicker in deeper water for sp fishing.

mick fillet wrote:

why would you use 40lb-(20kg) when the reels have only 10kg of drag which you wouldnt use because the reels dont perform that well with that much tension on the drag washers.

use lighter line class put more line on your spool it will cast alot better it will sink quicker in deeper water for sp fishing.

it has 13-15kg of tested drag pressure and we wont be doing as much sp fishing as popper fishnig and 40lb in terms of popping for gts is by no means heavy for this style of fishing

mick fillet wrote:

maybe abrasion resistance??

Funfisher wrote:

mick fillet wrote:

30, 40 ,50, 80lb braids dont have any chance on coral bommies, it comes down to the leader for abrasion resistance...

wesfish wrote:

Funfisher wrote:
mick fillet wrote:

30, 40 ,50, 80lb braids dont have any chance on coral bommies, it comes down to the leader for abrasion resistance...

yes thats true, will probably use about 2m of 100lb leader

Archived