Straddie and the mountians

Brian D

With 2 weeks hol’s and not enough energy to travel we booked into Straddie for a week and then a few nights at Tamborine Mountain. Being this a fishing site I’ll keep this report relevant and not discuss the eating, drinking and parties.

We booked a house called Stella Maris, checked in and checked out even quicker. We stayed less then 5 minutes. This place is not suitable for any type of family or couple. It is not fit for human inhabitance. At best I would allow a few schoolies to stay and I wouldn’t care what they did to the place.

Anyway the real estate upgraded us to a house called Flipper. Good move, it was great. It happened to be next door to Old man Gorrie’s place.

Only went fishing twice in 7 days, once to put the boat in (read the other story) and one go at rock fishing at Cylinders / Deadmans.

In the boat we shot over to Goat and picked up about 30 fish, then went for a swim from a sand bar on the way back to Amenity.

Off the rocks I managed 3 Trev’s in about 30 mins.

Next year I have booked a house on Aminity with a private jetty on the rocks so that will be fun. [img size=492]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/h1-bcdd87c54c7c271b40e67096d437a087.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived