fishing the brisbane river

meldrum1

Hi everyone, I'm a new member, and this is my first post. I hoping for a bit of advice.

I'm heading out for a fish in the Brisbane River mouth after work tomorrow (boat), and was wondering it anyone could give me any hints or tips (bait or SP), what are you guys catching at the moment?

Scott

There are plenty of places if your land based and even more if you are in a boat.. The Pinkenba boat ramp is good for a Flatty on plastics. The Nuclear Chooks in the Gulp minnows have been going off lately! Bream like them too. Other than that the humble prawn under a light weight over any patch of rocky area will hold fish anywhere near the mouth. It's a great fishing area!

Failing that, you could follow me and do the opposite. At least you won't catch less...

Had liveies on last night, had a mullet slapped and taken and also fishing partner lost probably a threadie on a herring. Went out to the mouth and got abs nothing on the rocks there with mullet, pillies etc. Oh, actually i tell a lie about catching nothing... I got a squiddly in the cast net.

Archived