Bretts Wharf

Dibbs

Hey guys,

Quick question... when you say you are fishing at Bretts Wharf, where exactly at Bretts Wharf is it? Is it land based or on the water? I know there is a jetty there, but I noticed a rather large sign saying "no fishing"? Is it just one of those signs that I'm supposed to "accidentely" not see? Or is there somewhere else that I just haven't noticed?

The mrs is heading out tonight (Saturday 16th May) with a few of her friends so I was thinking I might go wet a line if she does. I haven't got a car myself though so it's gotta be accessible by walking. I'm just gonna cab it out there or somewhere near by tide depending.

im thinking the same if i can pick up some live bait

might head down after lunch.

i had good luck last night with a 2 bream 32cm and 28cm and a few others smaller.

and the usual catfishx3

EDIT:

The pontoon is the one with the sign on it, though i was there 4pm-9pm yesterday and was not hassled, a party boat rocked up for half hour to dock and i had to pull my lines in.

parking close by can be annoying if buses are hanging in the parking zones...

A father and son came down and were around for a while, one of my rods went off whilst i was cast netting and i asked if he could grab it. he hooked it and i offered it to the child, figured he would get more kick out of it than me, was good to see him catch the fish, was a little bream around 20cm, he was chuffed.

Excellent. Thanks guys. Yeah I think I might get there some time around 7-8ish tonight. Just depends on how quickly I can get there. Still working it out as the mrs isn't driving when she goes out anymore. Might try convince a mate to come along. If all else fails I'll still be out somewhere but maybe not at the Wharf.

Sorry guys,

Had to bail last minute. Convinced a mate to come along and once he got here (7ish) we sat round for a bit, had a couple of beers. Then we packed the car, had another beer, tried to start the car........ "Broooommmmm....dead...... brooooommmmm.... dead" We got about 2 minutes up the road and the car wouldn't start up again at all. It normally does this, but is fine after it warms up a bit. I think it's finally seen it's time though.

Sorry guys. Will definately be getting out sometime soon though if anyone is keen to catch up/meet. I'm keen to try this Bretts Wharf or Breakfast Tree Creek. Never has any luck at Breaky Creek from the 3 times I've tried but I've heard of some good stuff getting pulled in on the run in tide.

Alternatively I'm out tommorrow arvo... not sure where yet but will probably be Baxters again. Can't fault it so far. Have brought something home everytime I've been there (4 times). Just gotta put up with kids wanting to throw your cast net under the jetty and kill everything you brong up with it. :laugh:

Archived