Maroon Dam Long Weekend

madtazz

Well the weekend pas has been issued by the ball & chain B) B) now can I get some advice on takle and setups for land based fishing at maroon dam. :) I have a couple of weeks to get set and stocked but have no idea what I need. Was thinking of getting some surface poppers or are worms better??

Thanks guys hopful to break the drought!!!

:laugh: :laugh:

If using bait, 8 or 10lb mono, possibly a patternoster under a float from the bank. 2 or three rods, set them up close together but cast one left, one in front one right, rest them on fork sticks or similar, be ready to pounce on a bite.

Lures, just work you way along the bank trying minnows, lipless cranks, spinnerbaits. Poppers if still, and early or late.

Are you going to camp there?

Do you have a trailer or solid roof rack.

Why not take the afo boat its only small but ideal for rowing around and will get you into better fishing spots most of the campgrounds have their own launching areas where you can safely leave boat on waters edge overnight.

Cheers

Ray

Yeah camping there Sat & Sun, unfortunatly no trailer or roof racks, the brother in law (now disowned from the family) just sold his boat 3 weeks ago or we would have that.

So looks like it will be land based - no kids means there will be no worried doing a little walking to find the right spot.

:)

Archived