Ouch - Boat Registered!

Feral

well trotted along to Dept of Transport to register the Silver Bullet today.

Started out downloaded the rego form from the net and filled it out before I went.

Rolled up, and after only 30 minutes waiting got to see the checkout chick (customer consultant in their language).

She was not going to register to Bullet, because I did not know who manufactured it, what brand it was or what model it was. Geez Told her it was a clean skin hull with no identifying markers that was at least 35 years old. Off to see her supervisor for 10 minutes.

Back she comes, grudgingly says she will register it, but I really should have all that info. Then she complained my form was out of date and did not have all the required info.

I then politely pointed out that the form came off their web site, and was dated november 2006, while the one she was waving in my face was dated march 2005.....

Anyway got her registered, but it cost me $100! What a ripoff! Sometimes I am just to honest for my own good. (Could have registered as a shorter boat, or even just stuck a 4hp label on the 6!)

I did not mind all the stuffing around, the young lass was well endowed, and favoured a low cut top, so I was kept happy while she was carrying on.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/01/31 17:08

Should have registered it in Victoria it would only been $60 there. I had my boat registered in SA for 10 years. It only used to be $5 a year till they initiated a $40 per annum waterways surcharge. I still have a SA boat licence that they kindly gave me when i registered the boat with them.

Ray

Archived