Fishing near Jimna State Forest?

silver_rex

Going to camp next weekend in Jimna State Forest to watch a mate who i sponsor race in the QLD Rally, was thinking of ducking off for a fish sometime..Anyone know the area well enough to point me in the direction on somewhere to throw a lure around

Cheers

Eddie B)

I have not bothered with Rally Qld since they moved it from Benarkin. I loved Benarkin, Jimna is much better suited to the KCF style series for spectators. (No night stuff)

Camping at Jimna or Peach Trees?

I used to camp at Peach Trees much nicer area, got a little creek running through it but I doubt there is any fish in it, to high and to small. Its also got better facilities!

Otherwise only other place for a fish is down at Kilcoy, just before you get to Kilcoy (travelling back from Jimna) bear left on to Mt Kilcoy Rd. Follow the road (There is a big impoundment on the left there, but I dont think anything is in it, its just a water storage for town)until you cross the creek, then turn left. There is a weir along there and the road runs along the side of it. Chance of Yella's Bass and Cod which have moved upstream from Somerset. (So yes legal to target all)

Archived