Heya peoplez

kermy79

Hello everyone,

just thought i should introduce myself, just incase on the off chance i might actually post something on here lol.

Well i am newish to brisbane waters, previously only been up here on holidays, and mainly did fishing out of brother's old boat, which he sold unfortunately. So now that i have moved up here, from newcastle area, we been out a few times off the shore, couldnt exactly say where we fished as still learning the areas, but nothing of great success yet...

on the boat topic, yes it is sad he sold his old boat, was a nice lil tinnie as such, but it did make way for his current project boat, which is a sharkcat, not sure on all the specs of it as such, and it still needs work but will be a nice boat on completion, fingers crossed he has it in the water by christmas as planned

unfortunately being freshly moved up here and my brother only having done fishing out of a boat up here still looking for those nice little shore spots that can land a biggen while having fun with the lil fighters as well... and alas having flown up here all my fishing gear is still in newcastle for now :angry: but having a brother who has nothing to spend the dollars on bar his boat and fishing gear he is more then adequately equipped for the 2 of us to go fishing, but silly as it sounds still never quite the same as using ya own gear

anyways hopefully over the coming weeks will get the oppertunity to hit the water ways of brisbane and maybe if lucky find a hot spot or 2 of me own, and wouldnt mind a decent shark or 2 while going

but luck to all who are fishing or going fishing, hopefully i will be able to throw in some what caught or what not caught posts from time to time lol and for all those new fishies i might catch that you dont get in newie waters hopefully an id or 2 of the experienced brissy fishers :cheer:

oh and the names Justin but most people back home called me Kermy so either will get a responce hehe

Hey Kermy welcome to the site and to brizzy,mate took me a while to work out this area and altho I'm getting a feed I'm still yet to crack it..it's a hard nut to crack but sure is fun trying..I'm sure there's a few land based spots ppl are willing to share,try shultz cannel on the north side or try the william gunn jetty down at mainly..good luck mate hope to read a post soon

G'day there Kermy, I've got a few spots I go to, however being pretty new to the whole fishing gig, I am not catching too much. Bulimba Yacht Club is known for jewies on green peeled prawns, whilst threadies have been caught pretty regularly out of Colmslie Jetty. Flatties seem to be the go up at Clontarf. Apart from that, I don't have much, as I am pretty unpredictable when I go out! :) Welcome to the site though mate.

G'day there Kermy, I've got a few spots I go to, however being pretty new to the whole fishing gig, I am not catching too much. Bulimba Yacht Club is known for jewies on green peeled prawns, whilst threadies have been caught pretty regularly out of Colmslie Jetty. Flatties seem to be the go up at Clontarf. Apart from that, I don't have much, as I am pretty unpredictable when I go out! :) Welcome to the site though mate.

sheesh, i need a new brother!

welcome to the state that owns the origin shield Kermy!

sharks have come under new laws this year, along with our corrupt and dishonest governments marine parks garbage (i voted fishing party!). possession limit for sharks is one. maximum size is 150cm. cause of species decline in moreton bay, development and industry.

best of luck, as others have said, some days you can fire, other days....

Hi kermy welcome to afo and yes as hookedontackle said they hold the league sos but the good guy's re: the blues have the afo state of origin trophy so with the exection of travis who seem's to be the only one that can catch fish :fishing: up here. :P good luck and tight line's

Cheers Darren

Archived