Another Fraser Island Report :-)

Yoodles82

Well, I went to fraser for a 4 day weekend, camped between Cathedrals and Dundaburra on the eastern beach. Was the most spectacular weather...1st time i've camped at fraser without rain :-)

I was so happy to conquer the 4wd beach driving (as i had not beach-drivin before and was a bit scared)...but i am proud to say i only got bogged twice and it was in places where it seems every man was getting into trouble! 2nd-gear low-range seemed to do the trick in most soft stuff.

Anyways, the fish were on the bite fairly well, with some really nice gutters close to our camp. Unfortunately alot more drinking than fishing was done, but we managed to get a good feed. Pipis and worms were abundant, which means the dart were easily coaxed onto the line. Managed a few whiting in a cast net, off a sand bank into a gutter - including a whopper 35cm.

Anyways, here's a few pics...

Cheers

Nat

Fraser_002_AFO.jpgFraser_024_AFO.jpg

Fraser_026_AFO-20090818.jpg

Fraser_097_AFO.jpgFraser_066_AFO.jpgFraser__034_AFO.jpgFraser_097_AFO-20090818.jpg

nice

great place to be Frazer .

i got to get back up there sometime been a while .

crap just worked it out been 18 years since i have been there.

dam how time fly's

from the reports sound like the place to be atm.fishing ok the weather is great .

right on the beach and looks like your camp is not getting blown away .nice

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

from the reports sound like the place to be atm.fishing ok the weather is great .

Yeah Davo...was a bit windy the first day...made putting up the tarp very interesting...but later that night, it calmed right down and was barely any wind at all :-)

You gotta get back there soon...i reckon there's gonna be a few restrictions put in place soon, regarding waste on beaches and dingo management. Can't blame the government for wanting to enforce things a little better, cause when you are there you can see rubbish that people just haven't bothered to take with them. :angry:

Such a beautiful place, its a bit dissappointing when you see it.

Nat

mrs just reminded me i have been saying i will take her there for the last 10 years and last 5 had a 4x4 and still not got there.

last xmass was meant to be a big trip about 2 weeks at each or the main islands .but the 4 was spent on xmass presents.

will plan and try harder this year .:)

yeah the rubbish being left that is BS

not like it hard to bag it take it with u and dump it in bins at one of the town ships.

there used to be lots of brumbys and dingos there when we where kids.

never had any probs with them .think the culled the brumbys .

not sure on the dingo situation but if people never fed them it would have been better.

Yoodles82 wrote:

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

Yeah Davo...was a bit windy the first day...made putting up the tarp very interesting...but later that night, it calmed right down and was barely any wind at all :-)

You gotta get back there soon...i reckon there's gonna be a few restrictions put in place soon, regarding waste on beaches and dingo management. Can't blame the government for wanting to enforce things a little better, cause when you are there you can see rubbish that people just haven't bothered to take with them. :angry:

Such a beautiful place, its a bit dissappointing when you see it.

Nat

yer same old story a few people will spoil it for the rest of us :cheer: al

Archived