Brett's Wharf jetty vs Breakfask creek Pontoon?

thriller

Looking to go try out some live baits,

herring and prawns....

Was wondering about what's the better location? Bretts wharf or Breakfast Creek Jetty

I will be using a baitrunner 6500 with 20lbs mono 5/0 mustard hoodlums and medium ball sinkers..

would like to hear about what fish others have caught, excluding Eels and catfish lol.

Cheers MJ.

I don't know about breats wharf but the pontoon atbreaky creek has a nofishing sign on it. Just keep tha in mind tho saying that I have never seen anyone pay attention to it I will only go on there if I'm using lures as no mess and that was only recently for about 30 min. I think someone should remove the sign.

They both have no fishing signs but I have fished and cast netted off both along with many other people and never once been asked to move along. As long as your clean it shouldn't worry anyone. And I have had more success from Brekky Creek but others will say that Bretts has been better for them? Really only one way to find out, fish em yourself and see how you go, there is always the chance of getting a thready or jew or if nothing else catfish or a stingray.

Ok so now I have fished Bretts three nights in a row.

from 11pm till 4am mon tue wed night,

Mondy night got belted by a powerful something! :) It seemed like it wasn't all that big and I was gaining line on it then all of the sudden as if it just realised it was hooked,

It turned and wound up in to a blistering run up the river and cut me off against the pylon! wasn't to bothered cos I hadn't ever heard the Baitrunner sing like that bofore!!! lots of runs but not many hook ups...

Tue = much the same. couple of teethy critters bit me off. I am sure 1 was a pike eel

the other maybe a shark (smallish). still very exciting.

Wed night session was dead D E A D. ended up with a couple of catfish, 1 ray and may be 20 prawns from a lot of empty cast netting :( not sure why.

will try again in two weeks time.

Archived