Boat for sale.

ryanyoung

G'day all,

I have come to the conclusion that I will never get the boat into the water due to lack of funds and time, therefore, I am selling it.

Boat is not registered.

Trailer is registered until the second half of 2010 from memory.

Trailer needs new tyres (they are flat), but other than that it is good to go. It comes with a light board and a new hand crank winch.

The motor is a 70's 25hp evinrude, it received a service several months ago, although I haven't started it since.

Boat is a 14 foot fibreglass type, and is free from rot, previous owner stated that it is very stable in the water. There is a crack in the fibreglass windshield and lighting needs work and restoration. I priced new electrics from Whitworths at about $200.

Boat comes with oars, anchor, chain and 15m (approx) of rope. Also included are two spare motors, which can be used for parts or restoring. (one is a johnson and is siezed, the other is an evinrude of same era, it probably needs a bloke who knows what he is doing to give it a look over and swap some parts in to get it working). It is tiller steered, however, I was told it doesn't need much to get it to front steer, although I personally have no clue how to do it.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, and I apologise for the lack of technical detail (I really don't know too much about boats!)

Feel free to PM me to arrange inspection etc. The boat is not advertised anywhere else at this time.

I am sure that this boat wouldn't take too much to get into the water, especially if you are handy with the hands (Unfortunately I am not!).

I am asking $1,200 for the lot, however please come and inspect before committing, because as I said, I am not very boat-minded!

Cheers,

Ryan.

boat1_20090821-20091213.jpg

Bit of history on spare motors.

Motor 1. Purchased on ebay for around $100 did turn over when purchased but now now seized probably will come good with a bit of oil down plug holes did have good compression.Motor is complets.

Motor 2. Came with ferals boat. electric and manual start the electric starter is seized and has not been looked at.Motor did run and start ok using manual start.

prop shaft is worn and was leaking water into gear box.Speedy sleeve supplied to refurbish shaft.All gearbox bearings and gears are good.New seals supplied for gearbox. New waterpump impeller supplied. Spare prop. Spare fuel pump.I have lost the drive shaft that goes from the motor down to gear box its somewhere in my shed you are welcome to come and search for it. I had also lost the gearchange selector rod but have subsequently found it.

These old motors just keep on running and with 2 spares you should have no problems for years to come.If you have no mechanical knowledge I would recomment contacting rumrunner for advice/help.

Cheers

Ray

Also forgot garmin 300c fishfinder (Brand-new, still have box, have only ran it in demo mode) that I bought for the boat. This unit retails at Whitworths for $389.00, I will sell with the boat only, so all up, boat and all, $1,500 ONO. Sorry, NO SEPARATING. If no interest in the next couple of days, I will post it all on ebay.

Thanks for reading,

Ryan.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

G'day all,

Due to the fact that I now have a car that is incapable of towing (it struggles getting me up hills lol), I must get rid of this boat. It was originally going to be a bit of a project boat for me, however with work commitments, lack of cash, and my handicapped car, I want to get rid of it, as it is just sitting dormant in the yard. It has flat tyres on the trailer, and not sure what else would need doing to it. As I have said earlier in this post, please come and inspect prior to committing, as I still don't know that much about boats.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

$400 ONO.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived