stingray killers

craige1983

Hi all,

the other day i was out fishing and notice a couple of Wankers fishing off a bridge at currumbim creek, they pull up a little sting ray, no bigger than a dinner plate, so they decided stab it in the head and cut its guts open than thought it'd be funny to throw it over the bridge at us as we drove back through (fortunately we were just out of range for it to reach us), I don't care about them throwing shit at us, we can look after ourselves, but is there an authority that we can report these sort of people for the cruelty that they had committed. Sure stingrays can be dangeous but I find them great fun to catch and release unharmed.

i have fished the gold coast coomera river for about 3 years and have never caught stingray .... not one ......... i have used every bait imaginable ranging from bread to livies and stil nothing WTF....... anyone have answers?? .... its not that i target them because i dont but isnt it wierd that i havent caught one .... or is it normal

I fished Tallebudgera creek yesterday and saw to FW's catch a baby bream then they carried on laughing at how small it was and showing off to the girls they were with. then after about 2 minutes they unhooked it and put it in the water to have it float around. They then laughed and carried on about how stupid fish are to npt swim. So I politley pointed out they were FW's and fish cannot stay out of water that long particularly the small ones. I then caught and releasesd a 30cm Bream and had it back in the water in under 30 secs to which they told me I was a FW for thowing it back.. Wish there was a way of culling FW's..

Ive seen alot similar occur at woody point jetty over the past 6mths with teenagers. Theyll catch eels , rays etc ..bring them up on the jetty stab , kick , throw against jetty floor infront of eachother to try a prove a point.. This makes my mates and I furious and we confront them ..they are all underage and are drinking ..and refuse to hear any sense ..if only we could return the favour on behalf of the fish , thatd make me xtremlly happy ..bring the karma , another occasion there were a few small small sharks caught by an older guy on the jetty these were approx 40cm or so , f's me why but he gave them to a kid who put them still kicking in the trolley of his bike riding up an down the jetty , people were telling him to let them go , but he refused to listen ..and of course they eventually died ..my stance is going to change on this sort of thing and also keeping undersize fish to eat etc, lets kick sum buckets!! put these fish back into the water!! the fact that we are furious at these goings on will always be an advantage if a confrontation occurs!

Archived