Sunday morning bass session...

mongrel jack

Hi guys,

Woke early this morning and looked at the tide times and noticed it was high tide at about 9:45 at Colleges Crossing this morning. Hmm what should I do :huh: – I know lets go fishing. So a quick pack the gear and off we went. I thought it might be a good opportunity to chase a couple of bass – I’m getting a bit old and lazy and avoid paddling against the current if I can so couldn’t waste that tide. Put the yaks in the water at about 8 and headed off.

We were just coming out of the narrow rapids section and witnessed a shark surface – this place must be loaded with them at the moment as we've had several sightings now. When we got back to the ramp 2 young blokes had one about the metre mark hanging in the tree beside the ramp – drew a large crowd and cleared the water except for my boy :S – either no fear or stupid :silly: !

Wasn’t long before the misses hooked up with a 35cm to the fork bass, which was the best for the day. I got three more with the largest going 30cm and the other 2 in the mid 20’s. The wife also got a flatty in the mid 30’s. All her fish were caught on Super Bass lures in orange and mine where caught on a tt spinner bait. The young bloke fished with a few different lures and a green skirted spinner bait with 2 dropped fish. All fish where happily released to be caught again another day. Was also awesome not to encounter a catty which is very rare in this part of the world! We were back in the car at 11 heading for the aircon at home!

P1000904.jpg

Bass 1

P1000946.jpg

Bass 2

P1000951.jpg

Flatty

P1000918.jpg

Scenery

[video type=youtube]F2uG15ru5Vo

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2uG15ru5Vo

The young fella recorded this release.

Thanks for reading.