Yakkin NPD

Dazzamcgee

Hi Daz, to yak fish you need an SIP and one of the annual permits from the PRFMA ( new years applications open soon I believe ) and are limited to a certain part of the dam.

Land based you need an SIP and are limited to cetain areas. These are marked on signs at the access points.

rocket

There has been a couple seen at the other end of the dam, but Seqwater is on it now.

The boating access scheme pays for the fish going in the water, so is a good thing imho, although this year will see the first real input from the SIP scheme. Due to the surface area of npd this will probably never amount to a great deal of funds but it will certainly help keep the lake set up as a great shore based facility close to the centre of Brisbane and for those who chose to give up a quiet hunjy, an excellent boating location not far from home.
/>http://www.prfma.com.au/prfma/Boating_Access_Scheme.html

If you do decide to take a walk in the mean time check out this link for quality info and remember that to date the largest individual catches at NPD have occurred from the bank, although Dino is fast catching up from the water. +60 in a session so far isn't it Dino??? :]
/>http://www.prfma.com.au/prfma/Bank_Fishing_Tips.html

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

I've tried looking for the fees on the prfma website but can't seem to find them, can someone point me in the right direction?

Once your on the PRFMA website click on the tab on the left of screen titled 'boating access scheme'. Once on this page click the blue tab titled 'Download 2010/11 information paper by clicking here'

This will have all the info required.

Kev

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Yeah I cant be bothered getting a permit to yak NP,

so I'm interest in knowing how far down the North pine river can I yak before I find myself in the "sh$t" so to speak??

Where is the boundary?

any ideas?

Please get a permit and help the fishery.

All monies raised go into stocking.

From what I can discern upstream from Apex park on Mount Sampson road you would be wise to ring SEQ water to make certain that you are not trespassing as they take a dim view of people trespassing on SEQ water property.

If caught the police are involved and its a civil court case not like a traffic on the spot fine. Police were called to a couple of canoeists at Kobble Creek this week.

Cheers

Ray

The official word from the secretary of PRFMA re boundary.

" we do not have an upstream boundary i.e. we can go as far as we can get a vessel upstream. I also believe that no vessels (including kayaks) are allowed on North Pine unless you have a PRFMA permit or are a member of the Lake Samsonvale Water Sports Assn. See the Seqwater website for confirmation. http://www.seqwater.com.au/public/recreation/boating "

Cheers

Ray

You can access at Apex park and paddle upstream. You can not go downstream. It is small yak water plenty of shallow runs and portages. There are a few other public access points upstream of Apex park. From what I know from the last 10 trips made up there only one legal sized bass out of one hundred + caught it is small fish water but you never know.

Archived