ebay gear!

Jordan

ahhh yes the pressure is on, im at the age where all of a sudden it seems as though mine is the only wallet in the house, and unfortunatley after all expenses paid, fishing gear always seems to be at the bottom of my priorties. down on my luck as i often am, my 20 buck bcf reel decided to wave the white flag and die, so i was in search of a new rod and reel. have been reading some of the posts about which rod is best, but no one seemed to have a stand out favorite (apart from the stellas and loomis) so i decided to once again invest in some ebay gear, went to the bluewater fishing people and they offered a stella imitation reel with a 4-6lb rod, and for a price that even i could afford! so bought it with some express post and in it came yesterday. got some braid from the same people as well.

managed to get my second best cod, 46 cm's, and another smaller one, about 34cm's. the big cod went around every pilon it could find and my poor 6lb rod was almost doubled over, the adrenalin was pumping and i was certain i was going to loose it, as the braid was rubbing against all the snags, but somehow the braid held and in came the fish. im a very happy buyer, the drag is smooth as, it honestly feels no diferent to troys stella, but troy reckons it wont last like that for long so we will see. as for now, i am a very happy bidder. will post the pics wen i get bak from work.

Mate nothing wrong with cheap gear.

If you find you breaking the cheap stuff then upgrade, but as often as not the cheap stuff will do.

Here is my latest aquisition. (Looks real good, but the postage takes it over $20 bucks!) I am going to use this with some 4lb mono for bass this winter. [img size=496]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/reel.jpg

post-134-144598411023_thumb.jpg

Archived