live bait at norman creek

grotty

Hi all,

Im looking at finally wetting a line at norman crk tomorrow. Just been for a walk down there to hve a look. Just curious i was thinking of trying out my cast net for the first time. What is the livie situation like at norman crk and should i look at taking some other bait with me. Also what am i likely to cath at the mouth of norman creek this time of year.

Thanks

Happy Easter all

If you're landbased it might be better to think of another spot. Last time I drove past there (Last weekend) there was construction all long the area where you fish. So, without checking it out fully, I'm not sure if you can fish there at this given point in time.

You can climb down off the bike path on the eastern side and fish off the rocks (no room when the tide is in) - its actually pretty shallow there between the pylons) - and rocky. Got a good strike by something but not much action on a friday afternoon. Definately a no go on the western side where it looks like they are building a monster house!

I did catch a nice 40cm cod about 20 feet off the construction site on Good Friday in my yak. :)

So there is cod all the way down the river along those rock walls (lots of snags to go with them :pinch:

Archived