wonder if there is any fish in Roma St Parklands?

Mungrel Jack

The PRFMA wewa involved in running a session for disabled kids there last weekend .Unfortunatly the numbers were down due to the rain.

I think that aprox 80 fish were caught with one young lass with cerebal palsy getting that excited she abandoned her wheel chair to land 5 fish.

The parkland ponds are exclusively reserved for events such as this.

Please respect this and leave it for those less fortunate than you.

If you wish to get a real buzz concider joining the PRFMA who will assist you in obtaining a blue card so that you can be part of a great experience.

I am pretty certain that there will be some photos and a report in a forthcoming Bush And Beach.

Maybe Shayned will comment.

Cheers

Ray

Fortunately, the Roma St Parkland Authority allows a very limited number of organised learn to fish events every year and as Ray said last weekend saw PRFMA taking some special needs kids and their siblings in for a learn to fish day.

We get a chance to teach the whole family and what is really special, our little disabled mates always catch fish. Considering the challenges these kids face it makes for a very special day and gives the families the skills to persue a pasttime as a whole.

The reason this works so well is that there is no fishing allowed outside of these days and it is my belief that as long as the parkland doesn't have to deal with people trying to access this spot and fish illegally, they will continue to allow access for these special events which benefit some youngsters and their families who are doing it tough.

As we can see on this site there are plenty of places for us abled bodied fishos to go and catch good fish regularly, and would again ask that we do the right thing by the Parkland.

For the tiny minority, who are unable to see past their own self centred wants and desires, yes there was another bunch of tools who thought the same way ie just about themselves, they were caught. The area has 24/7 onsite security and yes the cameras do actually work.

On a brighter note I've included a picture of young Emma after a fish capture, Emma and her dad had a ball and I hope we continue to have the opportunity to teach other kids just like her. P1040327.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

idrewapicture wrote:

awesome thing you guys are doing, very noble. I would love to get involved and help out/ volunteer with similar events to this. should i pm someone? i have a blue/ white card.

cheers

drew

Have a look at the PRFMA website we are involved in several similar ventures every year and are always looking for new members.

Cheers

Ray

Archived