Swap Trailer for a Smaller One to suit 11ft Tinny

matsmad

Hi guys have an 11ft tinny on a trialer thats too big! Need a smaller one to suit the 11ft tinny. Mine is to suit 12-14ft, black painted steel good nic, new lights & wiring, good winch, new hubs and 15" Commodore mags, registered. Let me know what you've got. Matt 0421315337 (Gold Coast)

rumrunner wrote:

it may be ezyer to cut down the one you have?

very ezy job!

Ian

The trailer is too heavy for that boat anyway. The tinny is so small and light i want a lighter trailer to go with it. If i cant get one i may end up doing just that.

rayke1938 wrote:

Move the boat back on the trailer and slide winch post back. By saying trailer is too heavy for boat do you mean the springs are too rigid. A new pair of lighter springs should only cost $60 and simple job to change.

Cheers

Ray

Nah the steel frame is very heavy to lift. Prolly doesnt help havin the axle so far back but movin the winch post back might be better, it is welded so would have to cut it n reweld it again.

Hey fellas ended up choppin the winch posts off and moving them back about 50cm. Now the boat sits just over the back, the drawbar is longer and overall trailer and boat more balanced. Thanks for the tips. Will post up a pic when I get one. Cheers :cheer:

Archived