Brissy River - 9/4/7

Brian D

Got to the ramp at about 3.30am - launched the boat and cast netted which took about an hour. Managed some proans,herring and mullet for livies.

Took off trolling from Colmslie to the Marina near the gateway. Hooked a pilon fish and lost a lure so I swtiched to my new Ian Miller Bream stick loaded with a plastic grub from last year and first cast scored a little bream.

Headed to Fishermans where I set up 2 big fish livie lines, one with mullet and the other with herring. Then set a light line with live prawn and of course the light line got smashed by something that I couldn't stop while to other heavy lines just sat there untouched.

Next prawn I landed a whiting (good sign for things to come). Wind came up so I moved back to the river, trolling as I went.

Stopped at another couple of spots on the way home for some moses perch and more bream. Had a top time - no real great fish but enought to keep me interested.

There's heaps of big prawns at the momment so get casting you guys and gals.

Happy fishing

Got to the [img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/prawns.JPG

post-118-144598411124_thumb.jpg

i am not sure what other anglers think but the bite out of that whiting looks like it came from a snapper, the season is about to start for them bigboys, only a couple of weeks and you will get your bag limit in the mouth of the brisbane within 30mins, i am serious, we do it every year for about 3 months straight, i have mates that go chasing them in 10ft tinnies with 6hps so they are not as conspicious to the port authority, i will put some photos of the ones i get when they are here, prob 2 weeks in reality until they are in full force

brian, i will take you in my boat when they get started buddy and we will land the big boys, i'll show you where we get most of ours (prob the same bloody spot), if you figure out the season of fish that are running , then target that species, you will get much more fish, this next two weeks and the two or three prior are the worst times for any fish, i have a 5m whaler that we take offshore and you are welcome to come out on one of the future trips, i have just bought some pakula skirts for marlin and such as well as 300mm hard bodies and dying to try them out, this wind shits me but there isnt much fish to chase at the moment anyway so once its done with, I'M GOING FISHING

allright than oztrav, youre in, the more in the boat the more fish, (only one more, next one to reply, new on the site or a long serving member, it doesnt matter)

weather permitting, in two to three weeks, night fish, if we all throw in (four of us) it will cost prob about $7 each, but its worth it

allright than oztrav, youre in, the more in the boat the more fish, (only one more, next one to reply, new on the site or a long serving member, it doesnt matter)

weather permitting, in two to three weeks, night fish, if we all throw in (four of us) it will cost prob about $7 each, but its worth it

ok travis send me your number in the private messages and i will ring you when we are going, once youve caught a snapper you will know every time no matter how deep the water is that you have a snapper on the line, they have a distinctive fight, similar to a tailor only much harder

Oztrav wrote:

Lozzel wrote:
Travis, You left me for someone with a BIGGER boat :(

Just make sure you look over his shoulder and get GPS marks OK :evil:

of course this is a rece mission lozzel:P will be taking landmarks gps everything mate;)

GOOD one mate Taught ya well :evil:

Lozzel - how about we take our boats with a deckie each and follow them!

Chippie I'd love to be a deckie for a day but mate it might be best for site if we could take some duds without boats. (I love whalers)

When we do our run to the seceret spots we won't tell em till we get back:evil: (Just kiddin).

Also we can'r forget Ray, who's away in Tassie. He lives on the Bay and has a perfect boat for snapper fishing.

Lozzle, Angus has you booked and you can have him - It always rains when he's in my boat. I'll take Aaron or Terry but it always rains with them too.

Come to think of it I went on my own and it rained - so it must be me - you sure you want me to tag along.

Gee you blokes seem a bit nervous about the bay, unless you have an explorer or similar low sided boat Lozzel your boat should be good for anywhere in the bay. Spent my childhood in smaller boats than that getting dragged all over by Ray.

Just dont go out if the forecast is 15knots or more. (Its uncomfortable in any size boat)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/04/09 20:57

Archived