Fishing courtesy

Well finnaly got around to go for a session and decided to take my wife and baby daughter along with me as a family outing pulled up after driving around for 15 minutes to find a spot, got all set up with a rod in the drink with a bit of dead bait and procceded to flick lures around this went ok for a hour or so then the wife decides to take my little girl to the toilets and a group of 3 bloke and a girl turn up and squeeze in beside me ( Might i add were i set up shop only had room for the 1 rod in the water and 1 flicking lures with a little elbow room)by now pretty peeved and then another 2 forigners elbow in(bringing the tally to 6 ) by now the wife comes back and decides to goad my already simmering temper by saying "looks like you have company" and proccedes to tell me how the 3guys and a girl had already been told to bugger off by some other fisho's for doing the same thing up a little further as she walked past taking the little one to toilets..dosent any one have any common sense or courtesey anymore....any way thats my rant for the day ohh and ended up having a donut to top it off.

That sucks Ben - Probably lucky for them there were women and children around or else you could have told them what you really thought. Gives me the edgar brits as well when people nestle in right next to you like some damn inchworm. I have enough trouble untangling all my own messes without someone elses braid getting in the way :P

Even when I'm fishing with people I know I don't sit right in their pocket - its just plain wrong and there's plenty of river to spread out along.

Hard luck about the donut too mate

Well I've had the reverse.. Was at goldy castnetting at a boat ramp when this one guy storms off and is muttering we scared away his pike and we were rude for shining torches into water etc.. We went to the far end of the jettty btw, douhe acted like he owned the jetty :sd

i wasnt fishing there mate, i just dropped by for a quick 5mins to try get some livies.. the main one on the nerange river base of gold-coast bridge.

had my head-light on and that was his definition of shining into the water and scaring his prized pike away.. wtf

Hey, what's wrong with pike? Hmmm? B)

Yea, about that... Anyway..

I had a similar situation on the monday at Wello Point. My younger brother moves to get bait and this bloke with a head like a bloody mullet jumps in with his two kids and casts directlly over all four of us (Miss munchkin, my father, brother and myself)

I can'y say I was all that polite about it, but when I heard him tell his missus that 'that clown and his flash gear are crowding the jetty anyway' it didn't get any better.

Ended up leaving and that was that. Let him have the pike and happy moments I thought.

Common courtesy is an attribute that many anglers are lacking, and it sucks, but it's life I guess. :angry:

51MPL wrote:

i wasnt fishing there mate, i just dropped by for a quick 5mins to try get some livies.. the main one on the nerange river base of gold-coast bridge.

had my head-light on and that was his definition of shining into the water and scaring his prized pike away.. wtf

Probably a Jewie fisher after some livies mate

51MPL wrote:

pfft....

I doubt anything could scare pike away, they are hardly shy and will hit anything.

cheers

Thank god it doesn't happen to me too often, but its always better to just walk away.

You never know if you have happened to run into the 1 psycho on the water that day and end up with a knife in the gut....it does happen unfortunately.

Archived