NP dam 16/4/07

Aaron H

Well day one of my holidays and after eventually getting to North Pine dam I bagged six bass in a couple of hours.

Having been on Gympie road only on weekends I did not realise how busy it is during the week during business hours (hair tearing out stuff) so my start was delayed by an hour.

I ended up at Forgans cove, wind was blowing wrong direction for the spot near Bullockys and had a nice afternoon.

I caught four bass on shrimp ranging from the 30 to 35cm range (Pretty standard size lately and all malnourished but still fun to catch).

I also had an experimental session trying a number of different lures. Old faithful Gvibe caught 2 bass (One was very ambitious the smallest fish I have seen on a lure) I also tried my one and only Jackall, tassies, and a spinner bait which all accounted for nothing.

Still it beats working :P

%7Boption%7D

Standard bass size

Post edited by: Aaron H, at: 2007/04/16 21:34

post-266-144598411818_thumb.jpg

I fish there pretty regularly and stick to the points. These tend to have a steeper drop off and I think cause of the steeper banks, they seem to be more stable. Although when I first started going out there sank a number of times and same with my missus (she refuses to go there now, shame she was a gun on the garfish, which I use for Tailor bait) Live shrimp is a sure fire bet for any impoundments but with the lures I seem to only have regular success with the ones with a bit of a rattle in them mainly kokoda G vibe

Thanks Aaron, Where do you get the live shrimp from? Do you catch them in traps on site or buy them? I was pretty discouraged from my last trip, but you have re-ignited my interest! If you feel like company next time you fish there, please let me know (weekends only, damn that work/money/eating thing!):lol:

I normally buy them from pet store/aquariums but having holidays I am experimenting in a couple of creeks trying to catch them (Not doing to well, Only managed ten out of four traps in overnight but still caught me four fish ;)) Going to Borumba next week and want to have a stash for there

I'll let you know next time I am shooting out there on a weekend

Nice one Aaron again - How small was that little tacker but not surprised it was a GVibe.

I still haven't been to NP so as soon as the boats are allowed I am there!:)

Good luck at Deer Park, there are some good looking shrimp spots there but I don't know if there are shrimp, the upper creeks are very dry.

I suggest go the spinnerbaits on the Togas early then go to the pub. It's a great park.

Archived