2010 Moreton Bay Classic - Official Report

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: 2010 Moreton Bay Classic - Official Report **

On the 15th and 16th of May, dozens of anglers converged on Manly at the brisk hour of 4:00am to compete in the Brisbane Fishing Online event, the Moreton Bay Classic 2010. With thousands of dollars worth of cash and prizes up for grabs, the stage was set for some tough competition. After a quick briefing and the issuing of their unique items from the admin at event HQ, the crews were off in search of good waters and hopefully even better fish!

As luck would have it the weather on Saturday was sensational and many crews used this to their advantage heading far and wide over the bay. With a varied range of species on offer as eligible target species, game plans had been laid early by many competitors for the duration of the weekend. Many anglers even stayed out overnight to maximise their chance at the prize pool for this event.

On Sunday the entries started rolling in early. Many tired but excited anglers began to appear around event HQ as the day warmed up (a little bit), cameras in hand ready to register fish. It was great to once again that thanks to Brisbane Fishing Online's dedication to this virtual method of registering fish, many category placing fish were able to be released to fight another day. By midday the event HQ was bustling. Dozens of anglers were uniting to share stories of success, defeat, cold nights and cold ales. Many new aquaintances seemed to have been formed, and helped by a hot BBQ and cold drinks, the event HQ certainly had a great feeling of camaraderie and a lack of ego always present at Brisbane Fishing Online events.

Due to the seriously large amount of fish caught over the weekend, the admin were working flat strap to register and record all entries made. However by about 12:45pm they were ready to present the hefty prize pool to the multitude of eager anglers. To kick things off the organisers drew the winner of the luck door prizes. With such an excellent array of goods on offer for the lucky door prizes this year this was much anticipated part of the proceedings! The winner of the lucky door prizes were:

Buckat List Fishing Charters (valued at $900): Wes Watson

Brisbane Bay Tours Fishing Charter (valued at $740): Jeff Flynn

John Deere Prize Pack (Valued at $100): Davo Dinkum

Soft Plastic Prize Pack (Valued at $25): Kris Sweres

Soft Plastic Prize Pack (Valued at $25): Ian Ferguson

The actual results from the 2010 Moreton Bay Classic were outstanding with 1st, 2nd and 3rd placings awarded for all categories with many entries in each category. The results were as follows:

Longest Snapper:

1st: Dan Watters - 661mm

2nd: Cliff Lugton - 630mm

3rd: Mick Nash - 529mm

Longest Tailor:

1st: Jamie Bowles - 467mm

2nd: Ben Evans - 453mm

3rd: Tom Lazlo - 442mm

Longest Mackerel:

1st: Jamie Bowles - 636mm

2nd: Merv Chen - 418mm

3rd: Liesbeth Thie - 411mm

Longest Bream:

1st: Henry Do -346mm

2nd: Kris Sweres - 315mm

Kris Sweres - 304mm

3rd: Luke Doyle - 286mm

Longest Flathead:

1st: Kris Sweres - 540mm

2nd: Dayle Banks - 528mm

3rd: Ben Evans - 490mm

Overall the 2010 Moreton Bay Classic can only been seen as success to all involved. The administration were certainly pleased with the way it went and the attitudes all who competed showed. With that in mind we would like to give a massive thanks to all those who in true AFO spirit offered deckie spots to other anglers. There were numerous competitors in the event who would otherwise either not been on a boat, or not competed in the first place.

The administration team would also like to give the following thank yous.

To all those that competed and helped make the event such a great success.

To our sponsors, BucKat List Fishing Charters, Brisbane Bay Tours, Two Bent Rods, Gidgee Lures, Chersterfield Australia, and Do$stylz Inc for providing a prize pool worth thousands of dollars. If you would like any information regarding any of  the services offered by these groups please done hesitate to put it out there in the forums as we have representitives from each one on the site.

With such a great event up our sleeves we are thoroughly looking forward to upcoming 2010 State Of Origin fishing competition. For more information please check the 2010 State Of Origin section of the site under the Competitions tab. We would love to see as many of you there as possible.

Cheers.

Brisbane Fishing Online

fergie wrote:

congrats to all the winners of the mbc.

and thanks to angus and johnny for organising this great event, and sponsors.

hope to see you all at the next one.

cheers, ferg.

See you there Fergie :P

We need some more QLDers at SOO :P

Angus

A big thank-you to all involved in making this a very successful comp. It was great to get and meet a few of you guys! Even managed to score a third with my little bream. And to top a great w/end, i finished with a sunday sesh at Chalk...which i paid for today :S

Luke.

Doyley wrote:

A big thank-you to all involved in making this a very successful comp. It was great to get and meet a few of you guys! Even managed to score a third with my little bream. And to top a great w/end, i finished with a sunday sesh at Chalk...which i paid for today :S

Luke.

Good to see you Doyly.

Well done on the bream. Not that small!

Hope to see you at the next one.

Angus

Congrats to everyone involved and all the winners, ball boys, umpires and line judges... ;-)

Sorry i missed it, but didnt look like i'd get the chance to fish until the last minute, so headed off on my own mission.

Good job guys some great catches.

Archived