Coomera river special - Jack attack

Howie

About a month ago was fishing in the upper reaches of the Coomera river with the Ibis...Using a 3" Attomic Guzzler prong, 7"6' extra long bream finesse rod, 1500 reel, 6lb braid, 6lb flurocarbon leader...Snared this 45cm Jack! Weighed about 2kg

Is there anything SP's cant do?

IMG_0260.JPG

Thanks everyone :cheer:

Pretty good mates with Ibis, we fish together a bit when we can. Had a fun sesh this arvo at Santa Barbara near Hope Island with him. Heard a lot about u Do$tylz.

But in reply to the other posts:

He was a moderately well behaved jack, fought hard but a had a full gut of poddy mullet. He run me along the rocks from the deep water into the shallows then back deep. Had to chase him and struggled to keep up, so powerful!

Look forward to sharing more stories with u all, cheers for the warm welcomes.

Tight lines to all!

yeah it was a good capture and i was happy you let him swim away at the end of the day. dont forget who put the rod in your hand, rigged and supplied prong + weedless jighead. awesome knot tying huh? really good job handling the fish around the snag piles, never mind him busting you off i was worried youd high stick my rod!

yeah well, whatever u say. it was definitely your dedication to go that extra mile. for those of you not there that day, we fished the whole day at wellington point after filling up our tackle bags at tackle warehouse. i showed this guy how we get bream and whiting on poppers and my girlfriend got a nice 55-60cm with a 70mm flickbait (pro flash prawn) which was unmeasured and donated by her to the unsuccessful jetty baitsoakers, despite my call to release. Howie was still on his donut when we got home at 4pm then he gets the bream fever and wants to goto coomera river, so we go, and the fish pictured was his only fish for the day, and what a fish!

Archived