Comments for Team Daiwa Saltwater?

kakaryan

Looking for upgrading the old 2-5kg general purpose rod, to suit my new stradic 2500FH (yes, the classic white model in brand new, quite happy that finally get one online from the States :P )

The old one is 7ft, but want a longer rod this time. As it would be using landbase, from structure, rock or even beach, that require longer casting distance or the standing spot is high.

Fishing bait, livies, larger lures (eg. 4in jerkshad sp, 8cm minnow hb, etc. just not those tiny for bream) , for any target fish that below 1m mark, as the reel 2500 size is not big though.

I find the TD saltwater in 8ft seems nice: http://www.daiwafishing.com.au/daiwa...ct=tdsaltwater

Has anyone played with it? Nice? Tip heavy? What would you comment?

I think the 6-10lb model (TD-SA 802 MLS) suits me, and I personally like going lighter, 6-10lb just like the old 2-5kg, but would it balance the stradic 2500fh well? Or I need to go one class heavier like 8-14lb (TD-SA 802 MFS)?

Besides, my mate recons me can also have a look of the japanese egi rods, as which are mostly 8ft up. But from what I know they are designed for squid, that have much softer middle section ( slower action), so light in weight (that means thinner in rod blank wall), that are not really suitable for casting lures or fighting bigger fish or they will break easily.........So I think I wont get a squid rod for fish, and I never targetting squid. What would you say? :unsure:

Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks. :blush:

Thanks mates, so I know the 6-10lb model would suit the reel best now.

Does any of the tackle store near city eg mossop or TW have them in stock? I'd like to see how it feels in hand, as some mates suggest they are heavy / tip heavy. I think I'd better try it first

Archived