coochie session

justham

Hit victoria point just before 6 and there was not a breath of wind!

Found some schools of fish activly feeding near the southern marker and managed to pick a 36cm squire up on the troll.

Couldn't get many hook up on the plastics, The few I did were small.

Went up to the northern marker for a look but couldn't find anything showing on the sounder.

Fisheries pulled up and put my fish on the measure, Was all good :)

Had a flick on the way back down to the southern marker and picked up a 42cm flathead.

Continued fishing till about 9 when the wind started to really pick up so came home.

Was a good morning and even though the fish were small the put up great fight.

Will probably hit up wello again on friday.

You must have caught the last legal one there :laugh:

Headed out 10.30/11 am today from Viccy Pt. Poked our noses just north of Coochie and it was getting a bit wild with a metre plus swell and a touch of chop :whistle:

Ended up at the red buoy for the final session this arvo and the snapper measured in at just over a metre (combining all 20 or so of them). Never seen them so small....the mother giving birth to them straight onto our hooks must have been a good size though lol :laugh: :laugh:

Shortie did manage a legal tusky though.

justham wrote:

I was in a yak. Yeah it was getting up by 10, all the tinnys were coming in as well.

Was trolling a gold bomber lure 10-12 ft. Was in about 5m of water.

Not quite all the tinnies were coming in. ;)

Only some of the idiots were launching.

We met a guy and the vic point boat ramp that had just got a $200 fine for undersize squire.

cant believe i get stung with $ 200 for a light which i had that wasnt on......wasnt aware you need an all round whit light whilst underway....i thought you just needed the stern light....and someone keeps an undersize squire and gets the same.....i consider the undersize squire to be a much worse offence......there is no excuse for that!

opinions?

zan0_15 wrote:

cant believe i get stung with $ 200 for a light which i had that wasnt on......wasnt aware you need an all round whit light whilst underway....i thought you just needed the stern light....and someone keeps an undersize squire and gets the same.....i consider the undersize squire to be a much worse offence......there is no excuse for that!

opinions?

I agree it sucks you got done for not having an all-round off whilst underway, but $200 for a safety offense is more appropriate than for one 30 cm squire (which is what the guy had). If he'd had a bag of them it would be worth the $200 though.

yer fair enough but still i dont know how he would have missed that it was undersized......in my opinion i think he would have known very well it was undersized and thought to himself "ill neva get caught out"

but ne ways thats just my opinion........

yer i agree safety issues are worse but when i got done there was no way it was an issue......i was clearly visible from every angle....

it is good to see that fisheries are out and about....this is the first i have heard of them checking anyone for ages....not to say they dont do it but....

:woohoo: arrr i went flying past the fisheries down the main channel under the power lines this morning about 8:30. They had someone pulled up and were just leaving :unsure: . Just doing their job. Wish they would go through some of these :angry: asian prawners.. what i saw today i just shake my head :S , so many! The second i have to many i'd be checked so i always do the rite thing and go home. :)

one keeper is better than a doughnut.. well done

yer malcolm i have an allround white light which i use at anchor and a stern light for use whilst underway so people can see me when they are coming from behind.....i had the stern light on but not the allround.....apparently the all round has to be on whilst underway......theyre dogs....as i can be seen from any angle with my stern light on the back and my nav lights up front......just got a cop on a power trip on the night....

yer i argued with them under the gateway for about half an hour!! in the end its not worth the hassle of all the stuffing around trying to get out of it........its just dissapointing that people are put in positions of power and completely abuse it....its just so wrong.....but it defs isnt the first time and wont be the last.....its probably happening to some poor bugga right now!

i did mention to the cop that she must hav been bullied at school......this was after i recieved the "infringement notice" so it had no influence at all....

she was Nil impressed with that and then preceeded to check my safety gear which was all top notch :)

Archived