Self draining decks on stacer boats

Anhie

Hi not to be rude but I have two drains at the back of the boat. The bungs are good because when I pull the bungs no water comes out. Anyone else got an idea? I got told by a stacer dealer that it normal for a bit of water to come in via the drains at times. I'm new to boating and just want to confirm this .thanks for help

My stacer 525 easyrider cracked twice where the transom meets the hull. Put the bungs in and throw the hose in and you will see where the water is getting in. I toyed with the idear of making mine a self draining deck incase I took a wave oner the front. But Desided that it would easer to get a more sea worthy boat

Anhie, are you able to close the drains and only open them when there is a bit of water on the floor or on 'wet' days? You may be getting a bit of water over the duct boards when you are coming off the plane or when the swell is coming from behind you. If the drains don't seal it may be worth finding a way to seal them, there are quite a few different doors and seals out there. Might be worth posting a pic of the transom and drains.

Terry

i get water inside my boat too at times throught the bilge pump outlet, it is up high on the side of the boat so i only get water in ,in crapy condition when i should have stayed in bed. the dealer will tell you anything, they got your money now, don;t think they dunna lose any sleep over your pride n joy cos they won't.another posability could be the bolt holes for the motor, lower 2 in particular. i would be inclined to take the rear flooring out and sit it in at a ramp close by ans look for signs from inside the boat.

Hi thanks for advice will take photo. Yeah dealer will not loose any sleep I agree no name . To re confirm it not the bungs that taking in water. It the draing deck hole that getting water in. I read on a few sites it normal but I just want to be sure. Will keep you guys posted

Archived