Treble Help

qbkami

Hey Bfoers, can ya help a fellow AFOer out? :) ,

I need some aid on finding trebles, I dont know what is good.

They are for my bream lures so they arnt so big.

So if you guys like to name a few as well as other information if possible ( price, size recommendation, place to buy it )

I don't know about you guys but I'd like the price of the trebles to be not too expensive. I cant help it, its my cheap Asian instincts :laugh:

Oh as well as Split rings ( name, price, size recommendation, place to buy it )

Thanks heap guys,

qbkami :)

I think "Owner" make a range that are commonly sought as quality trebles.

As for price I doubt they are cheap, probably about $12.00 for a pack of 9 (I think).

Frankly I don't see them as so great, they rust bend and break just like any other treble.

Owner split-rings are good quality.

Tackle warehouse on Old Cleveland Road sell them.

Sorry I am not up on sizes, but someone will be.

Cheers

Decoy's are almost as sharp as owners but less likely to rust or break. I think most bream lures use 12 or 14 size hooks. Try your local tackle shop, son't really save a lot by buying online unless you are ordering a lot of stuff with them.

Terry

qbkami wrote:

Hey Bfoers, can ya help a fellow AFOer out? :) ,

I need some aid on finding trebles, I dont know what is good.

They are for my bream lures so they arnt so big.

So if you guys like to name a few as well as other information if possible ( price, size recommendation, place to buy it )

I don't know about you guys but I'd like the price of the trebles to be not too expensive. I cant help it, its my cheap Asian instincts :laugh:

Oh as well as Split rings ( name, price, size recommendation, place to buy it )

Thanks heap guys,

qbkami :)

mate, you cant skimp on costs for lures, especially bream lures. cheap hardware is normally heavier in both weight and gauge, and will screw up your lure's action.

i see you use SX lures quite abit. Owner ST-36BCs are the best in my experience for replacements. get a few boxes of size 16, 14 and 12, and you'll be right.

Decoy Y-S25s are not too bad as well, but i find that the action is abit better with Owners.

Split ring wise, just buy Decoys. Size 0 and 00 will sort you out.

WRT price, I've found Tackle Warehouse to have the best prices in town at the moment.

whereabouts are ya from mate?

Cheers

Archived