It's Getting cold soon!

kriso

Welcome Kriso

Don't know much about Kooka but as you say it's getting cold soon so watch for Jewies up that way.

I am realy looking forward to the cold season this year - I feel it's going to be a beauty. Th ebream and mullet are realy thick at work and reports of good catches of tailor at the pin.

I am itchin to sit in the bay all night, freezing my nads to pellets size, waiting for a jewie:woohoo:

i'm with you there brian, ya cant beat a fullmoon, rugged up like the michelin man hunting jewies with live baits that weigh in at a kilo or so, heaven:woohoo:

i haven't fished kooka in winter yet dunno whats gonna happen there but i aim to find out starting this weekend

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/04/19 19:22

jeff f wrote:

i'm with you there brian, ya cant beat a fullmoon, rugged up like the michelin man hunting jewies with live baits that weigh in at a kilo or so, heaven:woohoo:

i haven't fished kooka in winter yet dunno whats gonna happen there but i aim to find out starting this weekend<br /><br />Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2007/04/19 19:22

Go Jeff - if any can you can - show em how it's done.

But Lozzel arn't far behind so watch your spot!

I fished there boat based last winter with mates of mine Richie and Buck. Some of you might know buck from Hinze.

It was the first time i had seriously fished kooka as well. We were pretty happy actually. Considering we went at the wrong time of day and tide we still managed about 20 bream (about 12 of size) and 2 catties.

We were happy simply because we thought the statistics between bream and catties would have been the other way around.

As far as bigger fish, based on reports from Werewolf over winter i cant say it looks good for Sharks and Salmon. However you just never know your luck in out river.

Also id say any fish thats at Kooka would just as certainly be at Moggill.

Angus

there has been a few large threadies caught down the river so you never know and they have been caught at kooka in the heat soin for a chance if i went id have a reel with 10 pound line on it with a live mullet or prawns that i would pinch of lozzel:P these would be on a hook that give enough point clearance and on another reel which would have 6 pound line or so some frozen prawn unweighted or very light weights that i would just drop off the side of the boat for a few bream and catties on a size 2 beak hook

stay away from the wire the chances of meeting up with a bully are slim to nothing

Lozzel wrote:

Thats right Brian, I will be softening him up tomorrow nite ;)at the BBQ ,A few beers & my wifes cooking should do the trick :evil:

:P

That'll only fire him up - sounds like you're giving him fuel and energy for the effort - I think you might have to try something else to slip past him.:woohoo:

Archived