First day out in a month

Freshy

Well had my first day out in the boat for a month on Sunday just gone... Up nice and early and headed down to Deep Water Bend boat ramp.

In the water and off we go, straight up to the South Pine and in amongst the snags. A little berley and a little bit of bait soaking. Whilst kicking back and relaxing it was time for some bacon and eggs filled pocket bread and a hot cup of coffee, all cooked on the butane cooker. What a great idea they are...

Well while my mate and are having breakfast he picks a little cod, I think it's the first fish I've seen him land.

DSCF0768.jpg

Anyway as it most often happens murphys law struck, just having my first mouthful of coffee, when zzzzzzzzzzz, I'm on, but by the time I'd grabbed the rod he's bricked me in the snags. Tried to free spool him out but he wasn't playing the game.

Oh well, back into it sitting on the same snag and I though I'd throw plastics around for a lizard or two. First cast and I'm on to one, a 42cm lizard on a 2" half penny shrimp.

DSCF0773.jpg

DSCF0778.jpg

Back in for another cast and I'm on again, a 39cm number this time, on the same plastic.

DSCF0779.jpg

Then while I'm removing the plastic I'm on again with the bait. This time I got to it just in time. As I've picked the rod up I've grabbed the spool to slow him down I felt him hit the snag. This one wasn't getting away though.

DSCF0771.jpg

A short time later and I've landed a healthy 32cm Bream. Very happy I was.

DSCF0776.jpg

DSCF0774.jpg

With plenty of time to spare for the day we did a little exporing and I got onto a lot of juvenile bream but no more takers for the day. All in all though it was a great day out and can't wait for the next one.

Cheers

Brett

Archived