Mangrove clearing

Environmental vandalism by anyone on any scale should be fined, the mangroves are the lifeblood of the river system.

Big corporations should be made to pay and replant the area, tell the coffee crowd to go elsewhere to get there green space.

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

And this planting of mangroves elsewhere is good but not really a solution.'

Some things are there for a reason, you cannot simply relocate vegetation in a system, especially in a sedimentary ecosystem.

From what I have seen of the government cronyism is the way to go and the less work you do and the more brown nosing, the higher you will go.

cheers

I had my say.

Ray Kennedy of redland Bay Posted at 10:16 AM Today

Where did they revegitate to replace the mangroves destroyed by the Port of Brisbane and airport development? Wonder what they will do when the trimmed ones regrow. There is a development in Redland Bay where the council allowed the developers to trim the mangroves so they could sell the land as waterview properties and now the council are winging that the householders are killing the mangroves swo they can get their views back. If it wasnt so serious I would laugh. Next thing they will allow gravel dredging again. Cheers Ray

Cheers

Ray

Archived