Anyone been to the pin lately?

Troy_79

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has been down the pin lately and whats biting? heading down there on fri morning for a few days. Probably stay at cobby passage fri night then go from there. Iv'e heard there's a few flatties around. im im assuming there will be a few bream, whiting and tailor around aswell. I'll be using pillies, squid, mullet and yabbies. And maybe some sp's and hb's but i never have any luck so might not bother :(

cheers, troy

They are forcasting some heavy rain overnight and tomorrow morning. If we do get a decent amount of rain and get alot of fresh from the the rivers/ creeks how will this affect the fishing? On previous expereinces the fishing has been crap after alot of rain,

i have been to the pin twice in the last 2 weeks and flathead and bream have been in plague proportions for us and anyone can get onto some if they poke around but as well as that we picked up pike, flounder, whiting, tailor, stingrays, moses perch. Still no jew for me tho :( All fish were caught on lures tho, mostly lipless crankbaits, vibes and sps, but some on bibbed minnows. I guess a variety of baits would only increase the number of species on offer

Troy_79 wrote:

They are forcasting some heavy rain overnight and tomorrow morning. If we do get a decent amount of rain and get alot of fresh from the the rivers/ creeks how will this affect the fishing? On previous expereinces the fishing has been crap after alot of rain,

Forecast was right! If the fishing is slow, work the area near the mouth of the bar and then follow the clean water up as the tide comes in.

Marty

marty wrote:

Troy_79 wrote:

Forecast was right! If the fishing is slow, work the area near the mouth of the bar and then follow the clean water up as the tide comes in.

Marty

Cheers mate yeh i'll be in a houseboat so wont be able to get near the bar but looking at the totals the goldcoast area got around 50mm so there shouldnt be to much fresh if any coming out of the creeks.

Archived